Ready to explore a bigger universe? The upcoming X4: Cradle of Humanity expansion along with the big free 4.0 update for all players is now confirmed to launch on March 16.
Taking the X series from Egosoft back to Earth, it will significantly increase the size of the game's universe giving you new sectors to explore along with two Terran factions to X4: Foundations, along with their economy, ships, weapons and stations.
What Cradle of Humanity will include:
- Big expansion of the X4: Foundations universe with new sectors
- Return of Terran factions with economy, ships, weapons and stations
- Thrilling new story missions and adventures to experience
- New game-starts that allow new perspectives on the X4: Foundations story
- Introducing a new terraforming gameplay feature, evolving the endgame
- Visual improvements such as volumetric fog, making the X universe look better than ever
As for the big 4.0 free update, Egosoft continue mentioning it will be the biggest free update in the game's history. You can even try a Beta for it on Steam right now. It does sound pretty expansive with a new coordinated attack system for fleet commanding, volumetric fog graphical feature has been added, a new transaction log to see a good breakdown of your monies, a new message system for important communication with NPCs, new Escorts missions, an option to declare war on a faction and absolutely loads more.
X4: Cradle of Humanity is probably one of the biggest, or perhaps actually the biggest and most in-depth single-player space sim around.