Metro Exodus will be officially releasing for Linux on April 14, ahead of the release 4A Games and Deep Silver have put out some new system requirements.
Here's what they suggest for Linux users:
Since the Linux port will also support Ray Tracing, you're going to need more powerful if you plan on turning that on. At least on the NVIDIA side anyway, as the driver situation for Ray Tracing on AMD+Linux is not yet sorted.
- Embark on an incredible journey - board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
- Experience Sandbox Survival - a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels
- A beautiful, hostile world - discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day / night cycles and dynamic weather
- Deadly combat and stealth - scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate - not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion - a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind - Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game…
As expected for a lot of games, it seems they will only officially support Ubuntu too.
If you're excited to see the Linux native port, let us know in the comments!