GZDoom continues maturing as a game engine to play the classics including the Doom series, Heretic and Hexen and more along with developers using it to make their own games (like the upcoming Selaco).
The latest and greatest is out now with GZDoom 4.6.0 as it continues to polish up the experience.
Here's the highlights of what's new:
- Widescreen graphics for Heretic and Hexen
- Sprite shadows like in the Build engine. Both in software and hardware renderer.
- 16 bit channel PNG files can be read
- DEHEXTRA working properly now
- Various enhancements and fixes for ZScript.
A good time to share! Be sure to let us know any recent fun discoveries that you can run with GZDoom. I've been seriously meaning to jump into Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony now it's finished.