Dawn of War is that you? Not quite but LIQUIDATION signals the return of some gameplay found in the older titles (like StarCraft too) and it's looking really great. Mentioned here on GOL back in 2020 when the developer provided us with an exclusive demo, it's now up on Kickstarter and they have a fully working demo available on Steam (with continued Linux support).
Mixing together elements of future science fiction and fantasy, LIQUIDATION will feel instantly familiar to anyone who love traditional RTS. Check out their brief teaser trailer below:
"Liquidation will offer 4 distinct factions, each with its own campaign. Lead the fanatical and zealous Crusade, hellbent on exterminating everything inhuman or guide the technologically advanced, reptilian Alliance in their desperate fight for survival. Call upon the endless Legions of invading demons, and decipher the bidding of their mysterious master, or, if you’re feeling really evil, you can take command of the all consuming abominations of Corruption."
- Favor of the Gods - Battle your opponents for heaven’s blessings, which in turn will provide you with a host of abilities and buffs.
- Position Matters - Your troops can gain the upper hand by fighting from cover, or from a higher position. Use the terrain to your advantage!
- Equipped for Battle - Arm your units with a variety of weapons on the battlefield! It's up to you to choose the right tool for the right job.
- Tactical Abilities - Make use of a variety of powerful abilities to disrupt and vanquish your foes. A few well-placed grenades can change the outcome of any battle!
- Army Composition - In Liquidation, no one unit can dominate all others. Build your army carefully: every unit is designed to cover for another's weakness.
- Multiplayer and Community - Dive into high action friendly matches with matchmaking options and a ladder system for those who enjoy competition and replays and replay sharing will be implemented for community members.
- Bring a friend to the battle - Share the experience and enlist the help of your friends as the entire story mode will be playable in co-op.
Their crowdfunding campaign is hoping to hit at least €25,000 by July 10 2021, with it costing a pledge of €20 to secure a copy of the game along with other little benefits like your name in the credits.
Help fund it on Kickstarter and try the new demo on Steam under the Playtest banner as shown below (or just click it, if your browser is setup for Steam the below image will tell it to install!):
Quotetry the new demo on Steam.I don't see any demo there. Or is it 'Liquidation Playtest'?
Quoting: ageresI don't see any demo there. Or is it 'Liquidation Playtest'?Yes that's it.
Quoting: d10sfanThere does not appear to be a demo for Linux. There is a playtest but downloading it gives no files at all. So looks like Linux is not supported for the demo/playtest.They're currently hooking up the depot correctly, so it might not download just yet. Will be fixed very soon hopefully.
Edit: fixed, it's there now.
Last edited by Liam Dawe on 10 June 2021 at 2:50 pm UTC
That being said it does look fun, looking forward to giving it a go.
Quoting: RossBCI hope blizzrd doesn't come after them looks like they pulled models from warcraft/world of warcraft and starcraft then proceeded to mash them up together then tweeked them a tiny bit.There's only so many ways you can do these sci-fi fantasy types in the kinds of armour they wear. It's very clearly inspired but there's a lot of clear differences to see. I've played huge amounts of StarCraft I/II and Dawn of War and can still easily enough tell the uniqueness here.
QuoteShare the experience and enlist the help of your friends as the entire story mode will be playable in co-op.I'm already sold... not sure about doing Kickstarter, but I'll be buying the finished game.
See more from me