Want to play more of the classic The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind? OpenMW is your friend. This free and open source game engine reimplementation has a new build that needs testing.
OpenMW 0.47.0 RC2 is out now with downloads available for Linux, macOS and Windows!
Finally, after much hard work to get all the cool new features ready for release, we have our first round of Release Candidates, or "RC" for short. RCs are simply release binaries for testing, to make sure everything is in order for a release. That’s right, testing! So we would be very greatful if you would download an RC for your OS of choice, test it a bit to see if it works without any issues and report any findings you make to our Gitlab issue tracker. Please make sure to check first that whatever you find is not on the tracker already.OpenMW Team
Looking over the changelog it's going to be quite a big release! Here's some highlights:
- 3rd person look "over the shoulder"
- Head Bobbing
- Show the soul gems' trapped soul in count dialogue
- Support more than 8 lights
- Actors movement should be smoother
- Add in game option to toggle HRTF support in OpenMW
- Skyrim SE compressed BSA format support
- Instanced groundcover support
- Improve spell/magic item search to factor in magic effect names
- Fixes trainers to choose their training skills based on their base skill points
- Plus loads more small features, improvements, absolutely tons of bug fixes and so on.
See more on the OpenMW website.