Any game that claims to have a "genre-first" will always raise some eyebrows and that's exactly what the developers of non - The First Warp are saying with it out now.
It's a point and click adventure that on the surface, it looks like any other. However, they claim to have a properly unique time-manipulation mechanic that's not been seen in the genre before. The story follows "Ո Օ Ո", an alien creature stranded across the galaxy far away from home. Through time-warping and manipulation you go through "vast alien faunas in the quest to unravel the mysteries behind your own unexpected disappearance".
Here's what else they say it features:
- A pure indie, one man army, unconventional 2D point & click adventure
- Relaxing game play
- Clever, on demand, in-game help system. Because getting stuck, suck.
- High-resolution graphics (up to 8K)
- Well written story with plenty of warm humour and odd quirks
- Relaxing soundtrack fitting all scenes in detail
- Tailored ambient soundscape across the whole game
- A large story spanning several planets in 6 chapters
- Many many many well thought-out puzzles
- Text and subtitles in 4 languages English, Spanish, Italian and Danish