Here we go, we have another big upgrade for open source graphics drivers with Mesa 21.2 officially out now.
Announced by the developer Dylan Baker, they noted in the announcement "This has been a pretty smooth release cycle so far, and we've had very few release-blocking issues, as such We've actually released on time with no additional RCs! As usual, this is a .0 release, and those of you seeking stability over features likely want to wait 2 weeks for 21.2.1.".
From the release notes here's what's new and has been hooked up:
- zink supports GL_ARB_texture_filter_minmax, GL_ARB_shader_clock
- VK_EXT_provoking_vertex on RADV.
- VK_EXT_extended_dynamic_state2 on RADV.
- VK_EXT_global_priority_query on RADV.
- VK_EXT_physical_device_drm on RADV.
- VK_KHR_shader_subgroup_uniform_control_flow on Intel and RADV.
- VK_EXT_color_write_enable on RADV.
- 32-bit x86 builds now default disable x87 math and use sse2.
- GL ES 3.1 on GT21x hardware.
- VK_EXT_acquire_drm_display on RADV and ANV.
- VK_EXT_vertex_input_dynamic_state on lavapipe
- wideLines on lavapipe
- VK_EXT_line_rasterization on lavapipe
- VK_EXT_multi_draw on ANV, lavapipe, and RADV
- VK_KHR_separate_depth_stencil_layouts on lavapipe
- VK_EXT_separate_stencil_usage on lavapipe
- VK_EXT_extended_dynamic_state2 on lavapipe
- NGG shader based primitive culling is now supported by RADV.
- Panfrost supports OpenGL ES 3.1
- New Asahi driver for the Apple M1
- GL_ARB_sample_locations on zink
- GL_ARB_sparse_buffer on zink
- GL_ARB_shader_group_vote on zink
- DRM format modifiers on zink
- freedreno+turnip: Initial support for a6xx gen4 (a660, a635)
See more about Mesa on the official site. How soon you get an update will be distribution dependent. Arch pulls it in quite quickly, while the likes of Ubuntu would need a PPA added like the kisak-mesa fresh PPA.