After many months a fresh release of the rather good Minigalaxy is out. It's a free and open source client for GOG, helping you manage your game library from the DRM-free store. Yet again, the community building what a company won't for Linux, since GOG still have no clear plan for Galaxy on Linux officially.
Minigalaxy version 1.1 is the biggest yet, including numerous needed enhancements to make it go from good to great.
Just some of the new features includes:
- Improve integrity check after downloading.
- Show an error showing Windows games cannot be enabled.
- Add properties menu for games where game specific actions can be made like setting launch options and opening the store page.
- Add a disk space check before downloading.
- Use a different colour for the play button for installed games.
- Put installed games at the top of the list.
- Remember if the user had the installed filter enabled.
- Add option to hide games.
- Add a dark theme.
- It also adds translations for Czech, Finnish, Italian, Swedish and Ukrainian.
Nice to see it continue to improve and those are some wonderful improvements. Minigalaxy certainly does the job, and it's my go-to if I'm going to grab anything from GOG rather than messing with direct-downloads.
Check it out on GitHub.