Want to try out a retro-styled arena survival FPS? Cathedral 3-D is now free to play so you've got nothing to lose. The free to play update included an overhaul of some gameplay elements like a redesigned magic system with easy teleportation.
This is a very fast-paced game, with the idea that you need to protect a box that contains your heart. It's absolutely manic and won't be for everyone but if you love a challenge this might be a good pick for you, especially now it's free.
They also released a new teaser trailer for it:
- Unique gameplay focused around protecting the chest.
- Super-fluid movement system with double jumps, strafing, rocket jumping and shotgun flying.
- Two attack types – rapid-fire or firebombs.
- Additional special abilities to unlock by surviving long enough.
- A leaderboard that allows you to compete with other players around the world.
- Custom game engine with a 90s-games-style rasterized look with unfiltered textures and jagged animations.
- Handcrafted graphics and sounds.