fheroes2, a game engine reimplementation for Heroes of Might and Magic II, has another release out further improving the game for various platforms.
Continuing to be the best choice to play this classic, the developers working on it have continued to expand what's possible. Featuring support for the Black and White cursors, they said "Now some players can enjoy the perfection of monochrome graphics". Hotkey support was expanded too with a separate window where you can view them all to make it easier.
The game configuration window was also expanded so you can tune sound effects and music directly, along with other new options. The campaign was upgraded again with pop-up windows for awards and bonuses, so now "every player would know what to expect and how to plan the strategy to win the next scenario". Even more AI improvements came too as the AI can now use the View All spell, the AI will explore more and roam around and AI heroes can now also "properly navigate within narrow paths and they better manage mana consumption".
Main quick highlights:
- Rework hotkey logic and add an in-game window to read all hotkeys within the game
- Improve AI behavior on map: it is able to use View All spell, it manages mana more efficiently and it explores the map more often
- Add images and description for every campaign's bonus and award by right clicking on them
- Add basic support of Ukrainian language and update French, Russian, Polish and Norwegian translations
- Add Black/White cursor support
- Expand Text Support Mode and made it as an in-game option
- Fix multiple issues in battle logic and spell interaction on map
- Over 50 bugs are fixed since 0.9.14 release