Quite possibly one of my absolute favourite games released in 2022, Beat Invaders is a marvellous fusion of the classic Space Invaders with slick beats and neon lighting. Version 2.0 is out now adding in a lot and overhauling even more.
"Beat Invaders is a space-themed action roguelite shoot-em-up with a musical twist! A convoy of space freighters needs to ship their cargo - the hottest music tracks in town - to the beat-hungry interstellar clubs scattered across the galaxy. However, their path is blocked by swarms of music-hating hordes! Protect those freighters and their precious cargo at all costs, and help the universe to dance the night away once more!"
Some of what's new in version 2.0 includes:
- 11 new music tracks
- Waves 1-40 are now split into sectors with unique themes
- Daily and Weekly Challenges
- A new boss battle
- More ship customization
- Better performance with even more projectiles
- Around 25 new upgrades, and a rework of existing upgrades
- Enemies gain more health over the course of a run.
- New Event Wave: Minefield
- New Enemy Type: Spreader Mine
- Steam Rich Presence was added.
- + Loads more
It should be illegal for such an awesome game to go so widely unnoticed. Simple brilliance.
Make sure you go buy a copy from Steam. Also, it's now Steam Deck Verified.
Last edited by Julius on 4 May 2022 at 6:00 am UTC
The same old story, an infinite queue full of games i've to play sooner or later and a new appealing game with an unbeatable price to jump in it.
See more from me