Theme Hospital! What an absolute classic! The free and open source game engine reimplementation CorsixTH v0.66-beta1 is out now, bringing with it lots of improvements.
Nearly a year since the last big Beta release, CorsixTH has slowly become the best way to play Theme Hospital on any modern platform thanks to all the modern enhancements it offers like custom levels and campaigns, full HD support, zooming, unlimited saves, custom music, improved game logic and so on while still keeping the gameplay from the original game mostly untouched.
Some of what's new in v0.66-beta1 includes:
- Direct Zoom has been improved and is now enabled by default
- Nurses can now leave the ward without disturbing her patients
- Patients with Serious Radiation now glow a beautiful shade of green
- Patients with Jellyitis now wobble wobble wobble
- The Hotkeys menu has been overhauled to make it easier to use
- You can now reset your zoom level by pressing '0'
- A new fax code cheat has been added!
- The replace machine prompt will now tell you the new strength before purchase (can be disabled in configuration settings)
- A machine's dynamic info will tell you the strength a machine can be upgraded to if you replaced it (can be disabled in configuration settings)
- Improved pee and vomit conditions
- Patients will no longer queue for reception until nearby
- The Adviser will no longer queue repetitive messages
- Dropdown menus will now close when clicked outside of
- Non-visual diseases can now be delayed in the level config of a custom game
There is a good bunch of bug fixes too.