Here's a rather useful feature Valve just added to a recent release of the Steam Beta Client. You can now filter your Steam Library based on what you and your Steam Friends own.
So you can create a collection, let's say to match up games that offer co-op with a certain friend so you can easily pick things to play together. Honestly, that's pretty fantastic. Here's an example:
I'm for sure going to be making great use of this. Since you can use it with dynamic collections, you'll always be up to date with people you pick to keep track of what to play.
Games to Play Together
- You can now add Friends as a filter under Advanced Filtering in your Library. It will show games you have in common.
- Right-click on any user in Chat or your Friends List to Find Games to Play Together and it will auto-populate your filter while also applying the Multiplayer tag.
- Right-click a Group Chat header to do the same with smaller group chats or voice channels (8 members or less).
- Fixed web browser crash when loading certain blank URL's.
- Fixed incorrect placement of "Restore Window" button when client window is maximized.
Sign In Dialog
- Fixed incorrect icon placement when signing in using a QR code.