GE-Proton (also known as Proton GE) as a community-built version of the Proton compatibility layer to run Windows games, with a new release out now and FSR is back.
Versions 7-37 and 7-36 were released, initially removing AMD FSR being in it directly, but thankfully another community hacker sorted out the patches needed for it so it made a return.
Here's what's included:
- Import nvapi enablement list from proton upstream (ValveSoftware@9a708e0)
- Import media-converter changes from proton upstream (ValveSoftware@5339633)
- Update dxvk
- Update vkd3d-proton
- Update wine-bleeding edge
- Add protonfix for Shatterline (thanks orowith2os)
- Add protonfix for Halo Reach mod tools (thanks orowith2os)
- Add protonfix for Ougon Musoukyoku (thanks namaenonaimumei)
This version is not included in Steam or Steam Deck, with you needing to add it yourself. It often includes fixes Valve hasn't yet done officially, and some things they can't (legally) do for videos. It does come with less quality assurance and testing though, so your mileage may vary.
How to use it? You can simply use the ProtonUp-Qt tool that we've covered here numerous times now. See the previous GOL Guide on GE-Proton with ProtonUp.