Valve are preparing to launch the latest update to Steam Play Proton, the compatibility layer to run Windows games on Linux and Steam Deck.
Proton 7.0-5 is now in the Release Candidate testing stage, so it's not quite finished but you can give it a test yourself. Right now, they're looking for testing and reports on anything that is broken that wasn't before. For instructions, head over to the GitHub topic.
The tentative changelog (as it may change before final release):
- Now playable:
- Unravel 2
- Airborne Kingdom
- Nancy Drew: Legend of the Crystal Skull
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2
- Aspire: Ina's Tale
- Battle Realms: Zen Edition
- Deathsmiles II
- Primal Carnage: Extinction
- Pico Park Classic Edition
- Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind
- Darkstar One
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor Tomb
- Fix Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered displaying dialog about outdated drivers on AMD systems.
- Fix Final Fantasy IV (3D Remake) having no audio.
- Fix Return to Monkey Island not reacting to mouse clicks after a recent game update.
- Fix upsidedown videos in VRChat and many other games.
- Fix Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies and Multiplayer hanging on exit.
- Fix Bail or Jail Demo crashing when opening the Terms of Serivce.
- Improve GTA V situation with not loading textures.
- Fix Red Dead Redemption 2 crashing after a recent game update.
- Fix Final Fantasy XIV Online launcher functionality after game update.
- Fix OpenXR compatibility with Blacktop Hoops.
- Fix cutscene stutter in Disgaea 5.
- Fix Thrustmaster HOTAS having non-functional dial in Elite Dangerous.
- Fix Planet Zoo randomly crashing.
- Fix SCP: Secret Labratory not being playable after a recent game update (again).
- Fix Tekken 7 crashing at launch.
- Implement network video support for The Good Life and VRChat.
- Update dxvk to v1.10.3-28-ge3daa699.
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 should probably not be listed as playable, since it has some pretty major problems still.
Also, Valve, are you ever going to actually mark Paladins as Unsupported again? It has been broken due to the anti-cheat for months. It's really not inspiring any confidence in Deck Verified if a well-known broken game continues to be listed as Playable…