Valve has put up a fresh Steam Deck Client Beta with numerous fixes, along with new features like the QR code login you can use with the mobile app. To try it out you need to be in the Beta or Preview update channels.
This update also brings with it an update to the desktop Steam client on Steam Deck, so that you can also now use the Gaming Mode UI in Desktop Mode too which just recently landed for normal desktop / laptop users. QR code logins sure will make things a bit nicer, especially for those using longer passwords that can be a real pain to enter on the Deck login.
Full changes include:
- Updated Big Picture is now available for testing. You can read more about it in this blog post.
- Added login flow that supports new QR code functionality
- Collections view can now show more than two rows of collections and allow scrolling
- Navigating down through app activity won't start scrolling up when passing over the post activity box
- Reduced client load times for users with large game libraries
- Reduced size of Steam client download
- Fixed incorrectly sized Discovery Queue UI
- Fixed incorrect size of Main Menu in docked mode with 4k displays
- Fixed an issue where some dialogs opened from menus only responded to touch
- Fixed an issue where the “Switch to Desktop” option would not work
- Fixed library view on certain resolutions not scrolling with gamepad
- Fixed bluetooth failing to turn on in gaming mode if it was disabled in desktop mode
- Fixed doubled input for Nintendo Joy-Cons controllers
- Gyro Yaw & Roll Combined now allows negative contribution values from both sources.
- FlickStick output can now be Inverted, and can be sent to X or Y Mouse axis.
- Fix for FlickStick turning when exiting an overlay layer with the stick still thrown.
- Desktop Controller Layout Now defaults to a desktop friendly set of controls. Long-Pressing Menu Button will toggle back and forth to a Gamepad friendly layout.