Want to get the Wii U emulator Cemu working on Linux? It's now a little easier, as they've providing an AppImage with the latest release.
Version Cemu 2.0-14 (Experimental) just went up and this is the first to offer the AppImage, which should work across various Linux distributions and perhaps make it easier on Steam Deck as well. Nice to see they keep improving it little by little, as they slowly move towards the full 2.0 release that's open source.
They're not yet providing a full changelog between the small releases of the 2.0 release, with these still being listed as the main changes since the last major release:
- Cemu is now open-source!
- Preliminary Linux builds are available on github, but be warned that they are still very rough around the edges
- Going forward, we simplified the versioning a bit by using shorter version numbers for stable releases (2.1, 2.2, 2.3..). This version (2.0) is an exception in the sense that it follows the pattern of a stable release but is very much experimental.
- Updated all dependencies. Most notably SDL (input & motion) and wxWidgets (UI)
- Fixed a crash in the H264 video decoder. Resolves crash on Smash title screen
- Made nsysnet a little less crash prone. Fixes crash in Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Fixed a logging related crash that could occur under very specific circumstances. Seen in Wind Waker if letting the game idle on the title screen for 2 minutes
- Fixed a crash that could happen when the path to Cemu.exe contained unicode characters
- Fixed a crash that could happen when loading .elf homebrew
- The account list in the title manager save exporter is no longer empty
- Latency for wiimotes should be a bit better now
- Added symbol/function list to debugger + other small debugger/assembler improvements
- Implemented API: coreinit.FSOpenFileExAsync (used by some homebrew)
- Many more under-the-hood changes and fixes
- Some more work towards a Stop&Restart emulation feature. Not ready yet but we are getting there