Another release of GE-Proton is already available, the third in the space of a week and GE-Proton 7-46 includes some DirectX 12 fixes for Steam Deck and Linux desktop. The previous release also removed DXVK-Async, a popular patch people were using to improve the shader cache stuttering issue.
For GE-Proton 7-46 here's the games that had their DirectX 12 mode fixed:
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide.
- Death Stranding.
- The Division 2.
But it's noted that Monster Hunter Rise is still problematic.
Here's a video going over how to install and use it, a run over the patch notes with an example of The Division 2 DX12 mode now working and some settings to pick for it:
Text Guide to install GE-Proton:
- Load ProtonUp-Qt.
- Make sure it's set to Steam at the top and select to install GE-Proton.
- Reload Steam to update the compatibility layer list.
- In Steam:
- Desktop: right click a game and go to Properties.
- Steam Deck: find the game in your library, go to the little COG on the right and then select Properties.
- Compatibility menu -> Tick the box, select GE-Proton from the drop-down
Update: the article originally noted (as in the video) that God of War was included but it was an error in the GE-Proton changelog as it’s DX11.