Valve has now promoted the recent Steam Deck OS Preview to Stable, giving all Steam Deck owners an updated graphics driver that brings Ray Tracing for DOOM Eternal.
Here's what's changed:
- Fixed a focus issue with Forza Horizon 5
- Updated the graphics driver to Mesa 23.1, containing many functional and performance fixes:
- Fixed graphical corruption issues with Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
- Ray-Tracing is now available in DOOM Eternal
- Fixed graphical corruption in Resident Evil 4
You can see my previous video talking about the update when it was in Preview below:
YouTube videos require cookies, you must accept their cookies to view. View cookie preferences.
A fresh Steam Deck news video round-up will come later this week!
On top of that there was a Steam Deck Beta Client update too with these changes:
- Fixed issues where some icons were drawn at the wrong size (e.g. the group chat channel selector)
- Fixed universal search hiding keyboard when first opening
- Fixed intermittent focus issue when exiting games
LAN Peer Downloads
- Fixed an issue where IP and hostname were cached, but were not invalidated when a client reconnects
- Added some optimization around DualSense adaptive trigger effects interaction with the Bluetooth stack
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
I think for me "stretching" the size of screen to 8", and removing borders this way would be better... the size of SD is great, i dont need it to be smaller, i feel like this 1inch would make a big difference in some games, or maybe im just old and my eyes are bad... :D
1 Likes, Who?
i'm yet to try it, but i somehow doubt the power of the deck is enough for RT, is it?
Quoting: Termyi'm yet to try it, but i somehow doubt the power of the deck is enough for RT, is it?
Around 30+ FPS. It's shown off in the video.
2 Likes, Who?
See more from me