A rather great sounding update to Proton Experimental landed on May 5th, so here's a run over what's new and improved. Since there's many different Proton versions it can get a bit confusing, so head on over to my beginner's guide on Steam Play and Proton for more info.
Newly listed as playable for this update is Gunfire: Reborn.
They've also now enabled nvapi for these games, meaning you shouldn't need any special workarounds to enable special NVIDIA features in-game:
- Chernobylite Enhanced Edition
- Dead Space (Remake)
- Forza Horizon 5
- Hi-Fi Rush
- Marvel's Avengers
- Monster Hunter Rise
- Need For Speed Unbound
- Nioh 2, Propnight
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- SCP: 5K
- The Last Of Us Part I
- Watch Dogs Legion
Some more bug fixes and improvements came in too:
- Fixed Tales of Berseria suffering from screen tearing with vsync turned on while in fullscreen / borderless.
- Improved Final Fantasy XIII loading times.
- Fixed EA launcher crashing and removed the previous workaround.
- Fixed Red Dead Redemption 2 taking long time to exit with Alt+F4.
- Fixed Battle.net not starting.
- Fixed cutscenes freezing in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
- Fixed multiple Unity titles flickering on the Steam Deck when switching display window options.
- Fixed The Elder Scrolls Online wrongly claiming not enough space.
- Fixed The Elder Scrolls Online launcher showing blank window.
And finally they updated the SteamWorks SDK support to v1.57. You can see the changelog here.