This is great to see. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart from Insomniac Games, Nixxes Software and PlayStation is out on Steam today and it's Steam Deck Verified!
You can read a little more on the work behind the Windows PC release on the PlayStation blog from last week. On Steam Deck and desktop Linux it will run with the Proton compatibility layer, specifically Valve set the Steam Deck Verified status to use Proton Experimental.
Hopefully this means it has been properly tested with a smooth 30FPS at a minimum. As we've seen quite a few times though, some titles seem to get Verified for Steam Deck even though they clearly have glaring issues. Like our friends at SteamDeckHQ pointing out the Verified title Remnant II having really bad performance.
Join the heroes
- Employ an epic arsenal of explosive weapons, including the Burst Pistol, Topiary Sprinkler and the Shatterbomb.
- Zip above cityscapes, boost into combat and slip through dimensions with physics-defying new gadgets.
- Connect with the sounds of combat and explore in wonder as worlds come to life, enveloping you with high fidelity sound.
- Sense the impact of in-game rumbles and explosions through the DualSense™ wireless controller’s haptic feedback.
Travel in style
- Planet-hop with abandon as this adventure sends you hurtling across the galaxy at hyper-speed.
- Experience the intergalactic shuffle of dimensional rifts as they combine new worlds and gameplay.
- Warp across battlefields to rapidly gain your combat advantage and repair planetary rifts with dimension-spanning puzzles.
- Explore never-before-seen planets and see alternate dimension versions of old favorites, now more alive than ever with exotic flora and fauna.
An epic journey awaits
- Play as Ratchet and as newcomer Rivet – a Lombax resistance fighter from another dimension.
- Discover Clank’s all-new interdimensional mechanics.
Will you be picking it up?