Valheim just had one of the best updates ever since being in Early Access, finally giving you a bit more control over how you play it with the world modifiers and much more.
These new modifiers allow you to adjust all sorts of settings like giving you a more casual experience, making it super hardcore if you want a bigger challenges and you can mix and match all sorts to make it how you want it. This is what a lot of players have been asking for.
A new vendor has arrived to allow you to spend some more gold with Hildir the merchant. She comes with a little quest too, as most of her stock has gone missing so by completing tasks you'll unlock more things to buy from her including clothing and more.
The main additions include:
- New NPC: Hildir the merchant.
- New location: Hildir’s camp.
- New location: Smouldering tomb (classic dungeon).
- New location: Howling cavern (classic dungeon).
- New location: Sealed tower (open dungeon).
- 3 new mini bosses.
- World modifiers button added to start game screen with many customization/difficulty options (select a preset or design your own).
- 8 different Fireworks added (Including Thunderstone and Black Core thrown in the fire).
- New item: Sparkler.
- New clothing: 10 hats & headscarves.
- New clothing: 14 dresses and tunics.
- Black forge extension: Vice (Upgrades to level 3 possible).
- Magetable extension: Unfading Candle (Upgrades to level 3 possible).
- New material: Barber kit.
- New furniture: Barber station.
- New material: Iron pit.
- New furniture: Firepit.
- 8 new hairstyles.
- 5 new beard styles.
- 4 new music tracks.
There's a few other nice quality of life additions to make playing smoother including a quick stack button to quickly move items around, you can manually choose a snapping point with Q & E for building, the intro can be skipped now, Workbench and Forge now get slightly increased build range when upgraded, ability to copy build piece while in build mode, crafting benches’ build range is now cylindrical instead of spherical and more. Full changelog here.