Fear the Spotlight from developer Cozy Game Pals is out now, inspired by the style of classic PlayStation games. If you love retro horror, this looks like one to add to your library and it has so far been gathering some rather glowing user reviews although it's only a couple of hours long.
More about it from the dev: "Fear the Spotlight is a third-person survival horror adventure with a PS1 inspired visual style. After a séance goes wrong, you have to solve puzzles, hide from monsters, and search an empty school for your missing friend.
A "cozier" horror game: no jump-scares, focuses on story, and builds a tense creepy atmosphere. If you're new to the horror genre, or are more of a scaredy-cat, we think you'd enjoy this play through."
- Retro 3D art style inspired by PS1 horror classics like Silent Hill and Resident Evil.
- Explore and solve physical puzzles in a unique point-and-click mode.
- Sneak your way through monster encounters, because you cannot fight back.
- Filled with tense hand-crafted moments that don't stop until the game is over.
- Suspenseful atmosphere is brought to life with a surreal soundscape and carefully detailed locations.
- Featured on the 2022 Haunted PS1 Demo Disc.
Now on Steam with Native Linux support and a demo is available.