A smoother stream, bug fixes and extra features are here for chiaki4deck, the open source Playstation Remote Play client for Steam Deck in the latest release. No need to stop your gaming just because someone wants the TV, if you have both a Steam Deck and PlayStation 4 or 5 then this project is for you. Allowing you to sync up your gaming and play your PS titles on Valve's handheld.
Version 1.6.3 just went up and here's what's new and changed:
- Trade-off minor image artifacts for smoother stream.
- Fix race condition causing remote play on console has crashed.
- Fix issue where dropped packets results in losing mic connection.
- Correctly set render preset.
- Set Dualsense microphone and LED to match microphone mute status.
- Add PS5 Rumble for controllers other than DualSense and Steam Deck (which have native haptics support).
- Enable game mode in MacOS.
- Fix congestion control stop on Windows and log Auto audio output when chosen.
- Add alternate option of using flipscreen.games to query PSN Login.
- Correctly replace old reference frames and update bitstream parsing.
Have you been using it lately? Let me know how this latest version goes for you in the comments below.