Curious to know when exactly you'll get a Steam Deck? A lot of people asked and so Valve has given a little more info. While the Steam Deck has now released, it could still be a little while before you get your hands on a unit even if you're in the Q1 slot.
As a reminder: when Valve send you an email to invite you to actually make the purchase, you have 72 hours to go through with it or you entirely lose your place and it goes to the next person.
Here's what they said:
- All people who are in the Q1 reservation window on the Steam Deck store page will receive an order email by the end of March. (Q1 is Quarter 1, or January through March).
- The first batch of emails has already gone out this morning.
- The next batch of emails will go out on Monday, March 7th. (It turns out the logistics work out better if we don’t try to ship over a weekend.)
- We’ll continue sending emails to Q1 reservers in the order their reservations were made on a weekly basis through the end of March (March 14th, 21st, 28th)
- In April, we’ll start going through the Q2 queue in a similar fashion.
For those of you who have a date of sometime after Q2, Valve said to expect more news on that "soon".
My own personal unit of the top-end model is in the Q1 slot, so I'll be able to make some proper comparisons on the screen quality between the models eventually for you. Valve did email out this morning to confirm my review unit is for keeps, so expect a lot more regular Steam Deck content from me.