Fusing together fast-past acrobatic platforming with a thumping synthwave soundtrack, Rifter certainly looks good! It's officially releasing July 12th with Linux support.
“After three years in development I can’t quite believe that soon I’ll finally get to share Rifter with the world. The core game was finished a while ago, but as a gamer I really appreciate a high level of polish so for the last couple of months I’ve worked to give Rifter that extra shine and added extras like a ghost mode, online leaderboards, tons of little extra visual effects and some really cool hidden secrets that I hope players will enjoy.”, said Maximilian Csuk, (aka IMakeGames) the solo developer behind the game.
They have a new trailer to celebrate the release date announcement too:
- Lightning-fast, action-packed acrobatic platformer
- Run, swing, smash and dash and feel exhilarating freedom of movement
- Driven by a pumping 80s synthwave soundtrack and neon-drenched visuals
- Rifter through over 90 levels
- Unlock 30 upgrades and new skills to fit your playstyle
- Challenge a large variety of enemy types and hard-as-nails boss fights
- Discover secrets, unlock multiple endings and perfect your stage ratings
- NEWLY ANNOUNCED: Ghost mode allowing players to see how others made their highscore
I've been testing out the Linux build and I've had a lot of fun, but I won't say too much until the release.
Currently it will be Steam-only, find their store page here.