I've been mighty impressed by Hollow Knight [GOG, Steam], not just because the game is beautiful, but their support in the form of free content updates is awesome. Hollow Knight: Gods & Glory has now been announced.
Here's the details they've revealed about it so far:
- New Character and Quest – The Godseeker arrives (and your romance options expand). Track down this disturbing yet alluring being, break her chains and aid her in an ancient duty.
- New Boss Fights – Hallownest’s greatest warriors raise their blades. Prepare yourself for giant new boss fights against the ultimate foes. Each new battle intertwines with the Godseeker’s quest. No specifics on how that’ll happen, but it may not be as you expect!
- New Game Mode – Hollow Knight receives a third game mode. This ones been long requested and is a classic for the genre. Complete the Gods & Glory story to unlock the new mode.
- New Music – Christopher Larkin is going all out for Hollow Knight’s final free pack, with new soaring boss tracks and giant remixes of some beloved classics.
- Glorify Charms – Prove yourself and uncover a whole new depth to your charm collection.
However, they do note that there will be more surprises they're not telling so they don't spoil it all. They're also not giving an exact release date yet, other than "Early 2018". They also say that it will be the "final chapter of the Knight’s journey", so it sounds like this might be the last free update.
GOG links are affiliate links.