Pegasus Frontend is certainly promising, an open source graphical game launcher you can use across Linux, MacOS, Windows, Raspberry Pi, Android and more.
With a focus on customization with full control over the UI, support for EmulationStation's gamelist files and more it certainly sounds like a useful application to manage your game library especially for big-screen usage.
A few days ago a brand new release was put out. Here's what's new in the latest version:
- The Raspberry Pi 4 is now properly supported
- Added Korean translation
- Greatly improved gamepad support and compatibility across all platforms
- Greatly improved LaunchBox compatibility
- Added support for reloading the list of games, collection and enabled compatibility modules without restarting Pegasus
- Bugfixes and usability improvements
Testing it out myself and gamepad support certainly works great now. My Logitech F310 was picked up without issues, so interacting with Pegasus Frontend was a breeze. Looking forward to seeing this progress further.