There appears to be no stopping this train, Railway Empire continues to see plenty of post-release support and extra optional content.
Firstly, the latest "Community Update" is out taking feedback from (you guessed it) the community of players. They've introduced modding support to DLC scenarios, increased the total number of trains and stations you can have, new tooltips, you can skip the current music track using the new "P" hotkey, the train list will actually show problems employees have, new train list filtering options, train speed reduced if they're missing supplies and lots of other nice quality of life updates.
As for the DLC, France is the latest destination, check out the trailer:
- New scenario – Into a new time (1874-1890)
- Map expansion: France (available in Free Game and Sandbox modes)
- 10 historical engines such as the Coupe Vent (4-4-0) and Forquenot (2-4-2)
- More than 12 new tradeable goods (e.g. wine and soft cheese) and 31 new cities
- ‘Concession’ feature: The map is divided into sections. Buy concessions to gain access to new building grounds (also available on the full North American map)
- New songs and updated characters