Receiver is a name I've not heard in a long time, the indie FPS released back in 2013 by Wolfire Games and it's just seen a big update.
There's no new enemies or levels in this update, instead Wolfire focused on the tech that runs the game. In this case it's the Unity game engine and they gave it quite a big update. It also adds in some graphical prettiness and other bits like that.
- Much smoother performance
- Eliminated loading 'hitch' when entering new rooms
- Added post effects (TXAA, SSAO, bloom, color grading, automatic eye exposure adjustment)
- Fixed problem with doorways not always aligning perfectly
- Moved an awkward pipe obstacle
- Fixed a problem with shell casings going to sleep in midair
- Converted from Unityscript to C#
- Updated from Unity 2012 to 2019
Given how the tech stack running the game is more modern and actually supported, hopefully this means they might expand it. The idea was great, just the enemies were a little too simple.
I gave it a test run the other night and it did work very nicely on NVIDIA, although it seems AMD GPU users might have some issues.
Available from Humble Store, Steam and itch.io although itch seems outdated.
Update: It seems people with an AMD GPU appear to have major graphical issues. For now, you can use this launch option which seems to correct it:
I asked some on Steam to try it and they confirmed it fixes it for AMD GPUs.
See more from me