The incredibly useful SC Controller [GitHub] tool has a fresh update out that sees the return of AppImage support, a few new bits and some bug fixes.
Currently, you can't really use the Steam Controller without Steam. However, SC Controller is a driver and UI for working with it outside of Steam. It has profile support and even includes support for other popular gamepads now too.
Here's what's changed:
- Return of AppImage support.
- Added setting for automatic turning off the controller
- Allowed to set displayed name even on button that does nothing (#321)
- Added button for _un_setting menu icon
- Added options to print pressed buttons to scc executable
- Switching profile while mouse cursor is in "rolling ball" motion may cause it to roll forever
- Modeshift hold and doubleclick times not being saved
- Shell command breaking with Unicode characters
- hid driver cannot be compiled on Gentoo
If you own a Steam Controller and you want to use it for anything outside of Steam, this application is basically essential. It's easy to use, it works well and it's enabled me to use my Steam Controller whenever and wherever I want.