Valve and CodeWeavers have released the latest version of the Proton compatibility layer for Steam Play today.
Proton 5.0-7 follows the brief Release Candidate testing period we wrote about recently, as they're now getting a bit more public testing before a full release. This should help find major issues and give everyone a better experience on Linux.
- Street Fighter 5 and Streets of Rage 4 are now playable.
- Update DXVK to v1.6.1.
- Fixes for sound in TrackMania Nations Forever, TrackMania Ultimate Forever, and Zusi 3 Aerosoft.
- Fix crash in Plebby Quest: The Crusades.
- Fix connecting to Gearbox SHiFT in Borderlands 3.
- Grand Theft Auto 4 is now playable.
- Updates to vkd3d to improve Direct3D 12 compatibility and performance.
- Improve developer debugging experience.
If you missed the update to our previous article, here's a short look at how well Street Fighter V now runs on Proton from one of my first attempts:
The Proton changelog can be found here. It should appear in the Steam client on Linux as an update for Proton 5.0 shortly.