Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Using an Ouya as a Steam stream-box?
HadBabits Mar 21, 2015
Over my birthday I picked up a couple new toys; one of which was an Ouya. I mainly got it to play on emulators and to play Towerfall in the living room, but then I wondered if I could use my Ouya as a steam box like the upcoming Steam Link: a box entirely for streaming. It turns out that it's already a thing, buuuuut it requires the nVidia Experience program, which is not on Linux. So if anyone knows/has ideas for an alternate method I'd appreciate it :)

tl;dr Anyone know how to stream Steam games to an Ouya on Linux?
Samsai Mar 21, 2015
Since Steam won't work on ARM you'd have to look at alternate server and client solutions. A quick google search came up with http://gaminganywhere.org/. I have no idea how well that will work (especially on Ouya) so that too could be a dead end. But that's the best I can think of for now.
Julius Mar 21, 2015
http://limelight-stream.com/

Edit: *hust* I hate when people hide important links in more or less unrelated text :( I don't think there is a way to do it on an ARM device and from Linux right now.

Old text:
Works only with nvidia and I think Windows in the PC to stream from.

If valve would open up their protocol (or someone makes further progress reverse engineering it), limelight could probably be adapted to work with it too.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.