Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Satellite Rush Alpha Version for Linux :D
amdowell Jul 20, 2015
Hello everyone :D

I've been having trouble to find Linux gaming community, and since this is one of the biggest ones, thought I might try to post in here :)

My name is Andre and I work at Kimeric Labs, an indie game studio from Rio de Janeiro. We are developing a game called Satellite Rush, a sci-fi top down shooter with pixel art graphics and roguelike elements.

We're making efforts to make the game available on Linux, and there's an available demo build for download in the project page:
http://www.kimericlabs.com/SatelliteRush/Demo/

I'm really looking for feedback on different Linux distributions for our Linux version, so it would be amazing the have the community feedback!

We are also launching a Kickstarter campaign for our project today! Here's the link:
http://bit.ly/kssatrush

We're needing a lot of help to make the project come to life. It would be awesome if you could help us by sharing our Kickstarter campaign (and donating maybe?).

Thank you very much for your time!
coryrj19951 Jul 21, 2015
The game is pretty fun, and actually got pretty challenging at times. So far I have played about 20 minutes of it on Mint 17.1 and cannot find any bugs in it. I cannot wait to see the finished game and am really looking forward to see what else you add to it. Keep up the good work! ^_^

I am going to test out some controllers tomorrow, IF I can find any of my cords/charging cables :P

edit: It works great with a PS4 controller, after about 20 seconds of the character shooting by himself. I thought it wasn't going to work at all, but all of a sudden I got complete control and was able to play just fine.
mulletdeath Jul 21, 2015
I'm not really huge on pixel graphics most of the time but this doesn't look bad, and I dig the concept of a regular guy with no special powers or abilities, and heck, for $4? Why not? Backed.
amdowell Jul 22, 2015
Thank you so much for your support! We have only tested with the X360 controller, so I'm also surprised the PS4 controller worked (even though it misbehaved in the beginning).

So far, it seems to run just fine on Ubuntu and Mint, but we still want to test on Arch and Fedora-based distributions.

We will keep updating the demo build with new content during the Kickstarter campaign, so stay tuned :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.