Developer of a Victor Vran's Linux Version
wojtek88 Aug 10, 2015
Hi guys,
is Linux version of Victor Vran developed by the studio that developes the game? I know that Liam is in love with this game and that the game is developed by Tropico guys, but I don't know if it's game studio internal work or if some external company is doing a Linux port. I ask because there is a good deal on Victor Vran in one of the digital shops in my country (~11,90 euro) and I wonder if it matters in this case if it is a Windows key or Linux key (deal is on a version of a game that has Steam DRM).

Like always, I want to be sure that majority of the money will go to people who supports Windows, but my wallet hurts a little bit.
That's why I look for a cheap version of support :).

Any answer will be appreciated.
Samsai Aug 10, 2015
I believe it was an in-house port, the store page at the very least doesn't show any third parties which it usually does when it's developed by someone like Feral or Aspyr (neither was behind the port, that is certain). I think it's pretty much safe to say that you aren't denying any third party money by purchasing it even if it ends up being a Windows key.
wojtek88 Aug 10, 2015
Great, thanks @Samsai for your response. By the way what is the easiest way to figure out this stuff by my own? Do I have to know all the companies that do Linux ports and visit their page or is this information given somewhere for example in Steam page/database?
Liam Dawe Aug 10, 2015
It is an internal port, I can tell you that for sure. There's not really an easy way for an outsider to tell, unless you speak to the developers directly, or follow them on twitter.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.