Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Witcher 3 coming to Linux :o ?
Page: «4/11»
  Go to:
DamonLinuxPL Dec 6, 2015
Im asking it few times.

Some time ago on emails, they reply - about developing on official platform and thanks for feedback and tell me something like that "we monitoring Linux gaming market", "we let you know".

I send twitt for cdp. They reply "thanks for feedback" :D

Also few days ago I post in Facebook in Polish language with asking what about two Witchers banners on Steam (coming soon to steamos) and witcher 3 inside steamos sale and they response: "witcher 3 is available on PC, XBONE and PS4" "If we get to other platform, we anon this in official way like Facebook.
Shmerl Dec 6, 2015
Yeah, don't use their facebook channels. They don't give any sensible info. Contact biz [a] cdprojektred.com if you want better answers. But the best they'll say is "we are working on it".
Liam Dawe Dec 8, 2015
Quoting: ShmerlYeah, don't use their facebook channels. They don't give any sensible info. Contact biz [a] cdprojektred.com if you want better answers. But the best they'll say is "we are working on it".

Just for kicks, I sent that address an email from GOL.
Shmerl Dec 8, 2015
Let's hope they'll answer :)
DamonLinuxPL Dec 9, 2015
Guys I forgot about one mail to tech support.
I have included screenshots Steam them with the announcement of Wiedźmin 3: Dziki Gon on Linux and ask about premiere of the game.

They write-off did not denying :)

Quote"Obawiam się, że w tej chwili nie możemy zdradzić szczegółów. Podamy ich więcej w momencie ogłoszenia daty wydania.
Pozdrawiam,
Karolina Niewęgłowska"

Translate:
QuoteI'm afraid that at this moment we can not disclose any details. We will give them more when the announcement date of issue.
Regards,
Karolina Niewęgłowska

Quoting: TheBossJust for kicks, I sent that address an email from GOL.

You should also send message to Rafał Jaki - Business Development Manager at CD Projekt Red
rafal.jaki(at)cdprojektred.com

Also you should send to two most important people in Polish CD Projekt.
marcin.iwinski(at)cdprojekt.com
adam.kicinski(at)cdprojekt.com

also you can:

karolina.gnas(at)cdprojekt.com
media(at)cdprojektred.com
biz(at)cdprojektred.com
tw2support(at)cdprojektred.com
marcin.momot(at)cdprojektred.com

We can also get TW Adventure, but only If we show big interest this game: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32344-Witcher-Adventure-game-for-Linux
ricki42 Dec 9, 2015
Quoting: DamonLinuxPLAlso you can:
marcin.momot(at)cdprojektred.com

He recently replied to the thread on the cdprojectred forums
Quoting: Marcin MomotThe Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is only available on PC, Xbox One and PS4. Should we announce any additional versions of the game, you guys will know first because it will happen via the official communication channels, such as here on the forums.
Basically, the same non-answer we've been getting, I doubt he'd say anything more in an email.

Quoting: DamonLinuxPLWe can also get TW Adventure, but only If we show big interest this game: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32344-Witcher-Adventure-game-for-Linux

The way I read that, it's more gauging interest in the game in general, i.e. how well does it sell on Windows, rather than how many Linux users ask for it. They likely assume a certain percentage of total sales on Linux, and if that percentage corresponds to a high enough absolute number they'll consider porting it.
Shmerl Dec 14, 2015
Some interesting people working in CDPR:

Kamil Nowakowski. His expertise is OpenGL and he knows Linux programming. He joined CDPR in 2014 (that's recent and can coincide with their Linux porting efforts).

Maciej Sawitus. His profile doesn't mention Linux but he is listed as an OpenGL expert.

And Tomasz Jonarski is a Vulkan fan (no Linux listed though too).
tuubi Dec 14, 2015
Quoting: ShmerlSome interesting people working in CDPR:

Kamil Nowakowski. His expertise is OpenGL and he knows Linux programming. He joined CDPR in 2014 (that's recent and can coincide with their Linux porting efforts).

Maciej Sawitus. His profile doesn't mention Linux but he is listed as an OpenGL expert.

And Tomasz Jonarski is a Vulkan fan (no Linux listed though too).
The tiny little cynic in me says they're just working on an unrelated mobile game (using OpenGL ES), but as always, the cynic just can't beat my internal optimist, who eagerly expects a W3 Linux release next year. Using Vulkan maybe?

I feel bad for the cynic. I never listen to him.
Avehicle7887 Dec 14, 2015
Good find Shmerl, you must be really looking forward to play this game. If these people are behind the Linux port then chances are we'll be getting a solid one.

I'm very positive that they will release a good port.
ricki42 Dec 14, 2015
Quoting: tuubiThe tiny little cynic in me says they're just working on an unrelated mobile game (using OpenGL ES),

I don't speak Polish, but I've read that supposedly in this interview with money.pl Adam Kicinski says
QuoteWe are going to continue targeting mature audiences with our AAA titles, but we are also working on smaller projects.
Maybe someone here who speaks Polish can confirm?
They also say they are still monetizing The Witcher, so I wouldn't be surprised if they released some sort of smaller spin-off on mobile or PC.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.