Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Help sought For TripleBoot: LinuxMint, SteamOS, Win10
Firepin Jan 16, 2016
Hello guys,

i am a new linux gamer and now have a dualboot with LinuxMint and Win10. I wanted to make a TripleBoot with LinuxMint, SteamOS, and Windows 10. Grub 2 is already installed by my dualboot LinuxMint. I have 2 ssds 128GB and 500GB. Currently LinuxMint is on the 128 GB ssd, win10 on the 500GB. This is how i think perhaps it will work to triple boot: Please give me your help and input.

1. first i shrink the partitions on the 500 GB ssd to for example 250 GB /250 GB
2. I boot SteamOS 2.0 from USB flash drive and install it on the empty 250 GB partition.
3. Now best case scenario (unrealistic? LOL) would be that Grub shows me 3 Options at startup and everything works fine.

Do you think this will work or does the third SteamOS install break everything else (because its beta and such)?
Liam Dawe Jan 16, 2016
SteamOS isn't meant to be installed alongside anything, I'm not sure if it will even setup grub for you at all.

I recently installed Windows 10 next to SteamOS (different hard drives).

What I did was keep Ubuntu on a live USB, and just use "boot-repair" to re-do grub for me, sorted.

I now get a grub menu to boot between Win 10 and SteamOS that I can navigate with the Steam Controller, lovely.
wojtek88 Jan 18, 2016
Quoting: TheBossI recently installed Windows 10 next to SteamOS (different hard drives).
Liam the Sinner
Firepin Jan 19, 2016
For my part i will eventually be steam linux native only but until then i have some "excess windows" baggage which must be played through ^_^
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.