Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Best Game Ever Played
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
wvstolzing Mar 2, 2016
Tetris and GTA: Vice City
Arehandoro Mar 3, 2016
Based on my stickers, posters, pillows and clothing I have to say Grim Fandango and first Mass Effect.
oldrocker99 Mar 3, 2016
Quoting: SlackdogElite - showing my age there :P

I'd forgotten Elite; when I wasn't playing M.U.L.E. for the umpteenth time, I logged many, many hours on my C=64 trying to get the next "Right On Commander!"

And eventually getting it.
Schattenspiegel Mar 3, 2016
there have been so many over the years
C=64 I would have to decide between UltimaIV , Turrican and Soul Crystal
PC i loved Privateer/Strike Commander, Planescape Torment and The Longest Journey (funcom has always had some brilliant storytellers), Doom 1.
Then there is the whole MMO genre where every major patch has a tendency to change a game from brilliant to utter garbage or vice versa.

But if I look into somewhat more recent games then I'd say the most outstanding one that keept me facinated from beginning till the end was Shadowrun: Dragonfall
coryrj19951 Mar 4, 2016
The best game(s) that I have ever played, and still play are the original three Ratchet and Clanks. Just started another play through of R&C1 on my brothers' PS3 and waiting on the new R&C (please don't be crap!)

I just wish there were more 3d action platformers, especially for Linux :S:
Kuduzkehpan Mar 4, 2016
starcraft series ,
guild wars series,
Tera Online (just for its graphics and machanics. )
Doom series.
Dead Space Series
Crysis Series.
seguleh Mar 4, 2016
Planescape: Torment, Silent Hill, Il2Sturmovik - ex aequo
Legacy Of Kain: Blood Omen, SR1, 2, Defiance (maybe even with above)
Syberia

UFO: Enemy Unknkown, TFTD
Hired Guns (both on Amiga)

But now, playing games on Linux, i've discovered many beautiful indie games and I cant call them any worse than old ones. Some of them makes me feel like back in 1999/2000 ;)
Transistor (masterpiece imho),
Shadowrun: Returns (reminds me somehow Perihelion - old Amiga title too)
Steamworld Dig
Halfway (like old, good UFO)
Victor Vran

X3 series and X: Rebirth (Rebirth is really good now, after some patches) - better than Elite: Dangerous but without multiplayer. I can't forget three days of trying to capture M3 class Mamba cause of f...n proximity mines :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.