Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Introduce Yourself!
Page: «11/23»
  Go to:
Zephar May 8, 2016
HEYA!!! =)

Ive checked this site now and then over the years and figured it was about time I registered.

I am been using computers sense I was 7 years old. I started on an Atari 800XL. Later in life my next most memorable computer was my Amiga 1200. I have been using linux off and on my Home computer for years. Watching the evolution of it. One thing I have notice about Linux over the years is it has improved alot while Windows for some reason keeps making it more complicated. Anyways for last year+ I have been using Linux as my primary. Sadly the SSD I had my windows 7 on failed. I did not notice it was failing because I never load it up. Only some rare times for certain Work apps. (Most Apps I need ive found replacements for.) Its been over 6 months and I have never gotten around to reinstalling windows :P. Any ways love supporting my favorite OS by converting others and only buying games that are native to linux =).
Mora May 9, 2016
I've been lurking for a while, but finally got around to signing up.

I game mostly in Linux now, I only play native supported games though, no wine for me. I game in 4K & am still waiting for steam to fix their UI scaling!

I've just started getting into 3d imaging in Blender & am really enjoying it.

I have 3 linux systems now after making the switch a few years ago. My daily laptop was first after a windows crash. I fell in love with Mint & switched my gaming rig to dual boot 6 month later, then on the latest rebuild to Linux only. I've also set up a server recently for media/backups.

My main rig is a bit of a beast, overkill for sure, but I really enjoy building computers & tend to get carried away.

ASRock Z170 Extreme 7+
i7 6700K @4.6
2x G1 Gaming 980ti in SLI
16GB RAM
250GB Samsung 950 NVMe
1GB Samsung 850 EVO

All built into a custom desk & watercooled.
Adinimys May 12, 2016
Hello everyone :D

Considering it's been one week now since I registered (even if I'm following this website during half a year I guess, I took my time to register ^^), I guess it's time to introduce myself.

I'm a 20 years old guy from France, gaming on Linux since approximately 2 years now. I enjoy a wide variety of games (most of them indies but I'm not restricting myself). I'll add my steam name in the dedicated thread (it's Adinimys too) so you can add me if you want to play with me.
As for the Linux part of things I'm using Xubuntu (started with 14.04, now on 15.10) and I plan on trying Arch or Manjaro when I'll have the time for that.
When I'm not playing I spend my time coding and I'm currently working with a group of friends on a game we started designing 5 years ago ^^ (I'm the only one coding for now, using C++ and SFML, it's really a great learning opportunity :D )

Nice to meet you penguins :D
Ben D May 24, 2016
Hello!

I'm Ben. I've been using Linux for about 3 years now, gaming on it for about 1.5, and following this site for about 1. Decided it was time to register and start sharing my thoughts about the posts.

I enjoy Marvel movies, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings (Shadow of Mordor is high on my wish list), programming (HTML/JScript and Java), and trying to make my own video game :)
Silas Mortimer May 26, 2016
Hiya.

I'm Silas. I'm 41 and I've been using Linux since... I think it was when SuSE was at version 6.2. It came on floppy disks. Sometime in the 90s. Basically when I could no longer deny that IBM was giving up on OS/2. Though the first version of Linux that I tried was actually called "Monkey Linux" and came as two files: One was linux.exe, which ran from DOS, and the other was the "file system", which was one big file that resided on the primary partition. I liked playing Sasteroids in it.

I write stuff. Music and words. Sometimes together.
adriansnetlis Jun 20, 2016
Hello Penguins,

I am Adrians Netlis. I'm 15 currently. I've been using Linux for 2 years when I bought a PC(actually my parents bought it for me). I understood how good it is so decided to keep using it.
I am making games. Although I use BGE, which is open-source cross-platform engine, it's actually possible to use most of the modern high-end game engines on Linux(e.g. Unreal Engine 4, Unity 5 etc.) so it seems that Linux is friendly for game developers(like me).
I am what's called indie game developer. That means that I have nor initial funds, nor team. I am collecting it all during the game creation process.
I enjoy playing car games(propably that's why I'm creating one). I have 5 games on Steam, 2 of them are Windows-only, all of them are gifts, but my favourite one is DiRT: Showdown(would be Resident Evil 5 as I'm big RE franchise fan, but I can't run it on Linux, running through Wine results of broken shading and gamma not working).
Don't bother opening my website, it's not up yet:D

Greets,
Adrians
VelcroSquid Jun 22, 2016
Hello,
I am 27 with a wife and two kids. I am just getting into Linux and really loving the OS so far. If anyone wants to game add me on steam: VelcroSquid.
robvv Jun 22, 2016
Hi,

I'm Rob, and have been a Linux user since 2006 when I accidentally deleted my Wintendo partition and thought "Sod it!". My distro of choice is OpenSUSE, mainly due to the excellent range of packages available and, of course, YaST.

I've been gaming since the 1980s but let other hobbies take up my time in recent years. As there is such an excellent range of native Linux games available now, I'm very glad to have restarted my gaming hobby.

Have been playing XCOM 2 and Unreal Tournament alpha (2016) quite a lot lately. The Bulb Boy devs have kindly allowed me access to the Linux beta so I will be checking that out later this week!

My current system is:

AMD FX-9370
Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0, 16Gb RAM
Nvidia GTX 970
Corsair Hydro H100i
Roccat Ryos MK Pro keyboard
Roccat Nyth mouse
CM Storm Trooper full tower
Be Quiet 1000W PSU

If anyone wishes to add me, my Steam username is 'monstoor'.

Cheers!
ephemeralcuriosities Jun 23, 2016
Hello, everyone.

My name is José, I'm 25 and while I've been an on-and-off Linux user since 2009 I actually didn't fully migrate to it until I discovered Arch in 2014 (used it on my laptop, realized I was suddenly working from there full-time due to software working miles better there than on my desktop, decided to go full-Linux on the desktop a few months later). Can't play many of the more modern games in this rig (only good thing about it is the i7 - the GPU's a Radeon HD 7770 and it only has 6GB of RAM), but I usually stick with the indie stuff anyway so it's not an issue for me.

So far, Linux has been a major upgrade for me, at least work-wise. Gaming-wise it's pretty nice, but I only have zero issues when playing outside of Steam, which kinda sucks (I got tired of the constant maintenance needed to get Steam games to play nice on Arch so I just gave up, installed dependencies manually and decided to stick with Itch, the Humble Store and GOG for my purchases). Only gripes I have is that I really wish more devs used MojoSetup for packaging their games on Itch and Humble, and that I really wish they'd post more Linux versions on GOG instead of making them Steam-only.

Anyway. Don't mind me, I'm only registering for the rare comment on the rare article I feel needs an addition or something.
Chelsea Grin Jun 23, 2016
Hi,

I am Alexander and I'm 16 years old. I installed Ubuntu a year ago but i didn't really like it, so I decided to go back to Windows. It was all okay until a few months ago when i met the disaster called "Windows 10". I had some problems with it so I decided to give Linux a second chance, and installed Ubuntu again. Since then I'm a happy penguin. :D
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.