Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Introduce Yourself!
Page: «3/23»
  Go to:
Half-Shot Jul 30, 2013
Hi. I should have done this yesterday but i was busy ridding my Windows PC of Windows.

I'm a soon-to-be game developer as soon as we get some sort of alpha going. Im a huge fan of linux and the GNU movement as a whole (guess it must have been 2 years since i got my laptop linux'd). I own 4 (yes, i know) raspberry pi servers, One linux'd laptop for hardcore programming and a desktop that was converted yesterday to linux :).

Even more importantly, I am a Valve fan.
ZosXaos Aug 1, 2013
Hi, I'm ZosXaos, and I'm an Altaholic.
Meaning, I love trying alternative things, repeatedly. I've muddled in pretty much every distro of Linux I can find for years. I've installed, virtualized, and otherwise poked things regarding operating systems repeatedly.
At the moment I'm kind of settled in Mint. It feels pretty good, and I'm having very few issues making it do what I want it to do. Which is important, obviously.
I've been playing a lot of Minecraft of late, which is what brought me here. The server looked appealingly small, but friendly with a good chance it will expand pretty quickly, meaning I can get in before things go crazy and get settled, but then enjoy the crazy builds once it really picks up. I like that.
That's about all I can tell you about me. ;)
Mike Frett Aug 1, 2013
Hey now, Mike Frett here, Linux user since October 2012. Although I experimented with Linux since 1998. Leaving Windows was like trying to quit smoking, you try but fail many times before you finally kick the habit. With all this NSA stuff recently, I'm glad I did.

Not only do I use Linux full time now, I'm proud to say I've switched over several friends and family members also!. Might I add, successfully so, meaning they haven't went back to dirty Windows. That's what it takes you see, most people haven't the faintest idea of how to switch. They need somebody like me, or you, to set everything up for them. They want to leave, they just don't know how. You see, inside every Computer user is a Tux trying to claw it's way out.

How dedicated am I to Linux now? Search the local landfill and you just might find several retail copies of Windows, a Mouse and Keyboard made by Microsoft. If you like reading news about evil Microsoft and other Linux related topics (Even my own Rants) you might add me on Twitter if you like. Only got 5 followers so far, I don't post too much, so it's not like you'll be flooded by nonsense. =)

Since I never plan to go back to Windows, I think Linus has a fan for life. Also, nothing burns me up more than reading posts on various sites from users who put Linux down, even though it's blatantly obvious from their post; they've never even used it. I'm usually forced to chime in with several paragraphs. And let's not forget the Indie Devs and Open Source guys whom provide us wonderful Games and Applications!.
strider Aug 3, 2013
Hi!

I'm Mathieu, aka Strider, aka Strycore (where the Strider nickname is already taken, which is almost everywhere ^^)

I'm the developer of Lutris, an open-source gaming platform for Linux (http://lutris.net) where I try to support as many games as possible as long as they run on Linux (think PlayOnLinux but supporting games from the Atari 2600 (even earlier actually) to Windows Steam games, and of course every native game)

Hope to find here people interested by the project who can give me some feedback to make the application even better :)
n30p1r4t3 Aug 13, 2013
My name is Dakota Lambert, other names for me include dlambert (ubuntu forums), koalaman (Tonymacx86), drlamb(College), ubuntugamer (steam), and n30p1r4t3 (neo-pirate) on twitter.

I'm eighteen, and have been using Linux on and off since I bought an "Ubuntu Linux for dummies" book which came with Ubuntu 8.04 many years ago. Since then I've grown a passion for Linux and computers in general. I've used about every distribution (and it's spin-offs) imaginable, dabbled in hackintosh and still find myself coming back to Ubuntu. I've been a gamer for far longer though, starting out with my GameBoy color and growing from there. I think I was about 10 when Halo came into my life and I really started getting into gaming more.

I can honestly say that one of my dreams jobs would be working for Canonical or The Linux Foundation.

I'm going to be studying Computer Science in the fall.
Daifuku Aug 14, 2013
Hello my real world name is Jose. I am 37 yo already. I have always loved linux and the open source movement.
I love to see it growing in popularity year after year.
I am a spaniard living in the uk. My steam name is Bidermaier although my current internet name is Daifuku.

Nice to meet you!
rick01457 Sep 1, 2013
Hello. My name is Rick. I'm 31 and from Manchester, UK. I ditched windows once and for all about a month ago, and am loving my Manjaro box now.
I have recently started learning to program in python and hope to be able to participate in some open source projects at some point, maybe even make some little computer games of my own.
You can find me on steam with the same username. You can find me on GW2 as well, if I ever get it to run at a decent speed.
Levi Sep 2, 2013

Wow just noticed I never posted here, Let's fix this!

You may or may not have bumped into me on IRC, I'm known on there as Piratelv. Been using linux ever since ubuntu 06.04 came out and as my primary system since 2007. 
I'm not a hardcore fps gamer but I do play minecraft as much as possible. I hail from the little country called the Netherlands, just turned 20. 

I'm not sure how I found GOL but it was quite a while ago, since then I've pretty much become a self proclaimed sysadmin of GOL and manage well, any server that GOL needs to stay the best.

Besides my tasks at GOL I also am an active contributor to the elementary os website's and manage the server that run them.

Lastly I support a couple minecraft servers with my technical skills and a youtube channel for pretty much any game server they need.

That should be a complete list of what I do. I'm always on the IRC channel, so if you have anything to ask just stop by.
Hamish Sep 2, 2013
Levi, I think at this point, it is Minecraft players that are the real hardcore gamers and not shooter players, at least in terms of investment... ;)
mdibaiee Dec 28, 2013
Hey there,

I'm Mahdi, a young Web Developer ( 16 years old ) and I love Linux because It's not boring and I have freedom using it. :D

First tried Linux ~2 years ago, I remember Ubuntu 12.10 ( it was fresh and newly released ) was my first distribution. Had been using Windows 'till a month ago or so, but stopped using it recently. Now on Ubuntu 13.10. :D
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.