You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Introduce Yourself!
Page: «12/23»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Jun 24, 2016
Quoting: Chelsea GrinHi,

I am Alexander and I'm 16 years old. I installed Ubuntu a year ago but i didn't really like it, so I decided to go back to Windows. It was all okay until a few months ago when i met the disaster called "Windows 10". I had some problems with it so I decided to give Linux a second chance, and installed Ubuntu again. Since then I'm a happy penguin. :D
Welcome to the club.

Welcome to everyone else who has posted recently, great to have you here!
Nor Mantis Jun 26, 2016
Hello

My name is Norm, Canadian, Windows sysadmin and IT nerd. I am 45 and been gaming since the early 80's. Been using Linux in my personal life since May 21, 2013, the day XBone was announced. I knew right then Microsoft lost their minds. I sold all my console games, xbox360, etc, and purged the house of Microsoft products in a zealous rage. Installed Linux on all our computers and never looked back. Now my wife and I cannot imagine life without Linux.

I have a lot of contradictions in my life, I hate Microsoft but I need then for my career. I don't like DRM but use Steam. I limit the amount of proprietary software in my computer but use the proprietary graphics drivers. That is how I roll.

I have been creeping this website for about 2 years. Never registering since I usually shy away from that sort of thing but lately I find myself here daily. This site has become a useful tool for me in keeping track of all the games coming to Linux. I have taken advantage of the free games, DLC, and sales I have read about here that I would have missed otherwise. Read some great editorials and reviews to complete the package. So I decided I would join the community.

I would like to say thank you for making a great site for Linux and Gamers.
Purple Pudding Jun 30, 2016
Hi,
I recently discovered this site after switching to Linux "more seriously" since my windows 7 have become a sloth in updating, plus i dislike win 10 and I'm part of a local LUG (discovered linux officialy in September 2015, changed some OS/DE during this time, now sticking with Ubuntu Gnome)...

I was lucky to have my Steam library compatible to Linux (actually, I only had 2 games....recently bought the third) and I'm amazed of the possibilities (no switching to Win for gaming, yeah!)... I'm glad to be here and I hope to learn (both in Linux and in gaming)...

Enough presentation... good gaming to everyone!
slavezeo Jul 1, 2016
Hello, ya'll. My name is Jeremy. I'm currently living in Evansville, Indiana in the US. I've been using Various Linux incarnations since about 1995. I switch off between OS X and Fedora sometimes, but usually end up back on Linux. I mostly play with emulators, I try to keep a select few of them compiled up in rpm packages for current versions of Fedora. I also enjoy MMORPGs. There are very few native to Linux so I have become rather adept in using WINE to get my MMO fix.

I think that's about it, any other questions feel free to hit me up:

Web: http://jeremywininger.blogspot.com/
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jdwininger
Ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/uwNkEqzmcYx
Twitter: @Slavezeo
Pattedetable Jul 9, 2016
Hi! I recently realized I forgot to introduce myself although I have visited this site for quite some time. My name is Manuel, I live in Sherbrooke, located in Québec, Canada. I am finishing up a master degree in physics.

I have been a Linux user on an everyday basis for three years now. Ubuntu introduced me to the Linux universe (or multiverse ;) ) I initially dual-booted Windows Vista and Ubuntu 13.04 until I deleted my Windows partition six months later. I am now dual-booting Manjaro and Ubuntu 14.04 on my personal laptop. I bought the old laptop my thesis supervisor used to lend me and practised installing Arch on it until I was pretty much at ease with the process and satisfied with my installation. I also tried a variety of other distributions as well as many desktop environments.

I have been a gamer for years and this has not changed when I switched to Linux. I love adventure games, platformers, RPGs and strategy games. I usually try to find everything there is to see in the games I play and think seriously about my every move. I am basically the oh-an-elixir-better-save-it-for-when-I-really-need-it-and-end-up-never-using-it type of gamer. This website is easily my favourite when it comes to gaming on Linux and is my main source of information about it. Keep up the great work! :)
whm1974 Jul 22, 2016
Hell I'm William and have been gaming on Linux since the Loki days.
Zambzz Sep 1, 2016
Hey all, new guy here :D

My Name is Laurence but go by "Zambzz", new developer thats going to be using Godot engine to make games Linux first and then taking them to other platforms :D

Im currently working on a 2d horror side scroller, currently trying to get the vector art style how i want.

Come here to meet like minded people and help with pushing the linux gaming community
kyrios Sep 3, 2016
Hi I'm kyrios.

In the late 90's when I was a student, I used to develop a lot on Linux but a few months after I graduated I realized that I was booting more and more on Windows (and I needed to free some disk space for games) so I stopped using Linux at home.
Almost 15 years later, I had a crash disk on my laptop. As a quick/temporary solution until I made up my mind whether I should buy a new disk or if I should rather buy a new computer, I made a Linux Mint 15 bootable usb stick (I wanted something easy and not too different from the windows look & feel).
I was surprised to see that everything worked fine out of the box (because of hybrid graphics) and that my wife had no difficulties use it so I decided to keep on running Linux and I just bought a SSD and some extra RAM to give a second life to my machine.
At the beginning I had some hard time convert data restored from my backups and I was tempted to multiboot with windows to get everything up & running quicker for my wife, but I knew that if I did that after some time I'd have dropped Linux again (boring to reboot the PC every time we wand to switch user just because we are using different operating systems). I did also consider trying Wine but I guess I might have faced some problems to get some applications working fine, so I preferred struggling with data conversion and using native applications only.
3 years later, we are still running Linux on the same old laptop and I am even playing a few games ! :-)

I knew that Linux for a desktop usage wouldn't be a problem (even at the end of the 90's it was already ok for me) but I didn't expect gaming experience to be so good ! The catalog isn't bad at all and even if the performances aren't always good, I never imagined that Linux could become a serious alternative for many gamers !

PS: Very nice site by the way :-)
MindGrown Oct 4, 2016
My name is Ryan and I'm a game developer and manager at a small (three person) indie game studio called Mind Grown Software. We are working on a game called Convicted Galaxy and we are devoted to having a Linux version.

Liam posted an article about Convicted Galaxy, and while trying it out, he ran into a problem launching the game. As I didn't have a computer to devote to running a Linux distro, I quickly ordered bunch of computer parts from my favorite online computer components store (newegg) and threw together a nice desktop. Of course we had already figured out the issue by the time the parts arrived... such is life.

So now I have a nice desktop that needs a few Linux gaming partitions. I'm not an avid Linux user, but I've dabbled previously and am quite familiar with terminal on OS X. I'm just starting off with Ubuntu Desktop and might get a little more experimental as time moves on. Hope to see you around!
Redneck Oct 5, 2016
Oh eeerr i opened a post to introduce myself, haven't notice this 3d :P

First mistake, last mistake... Anyway, pleased to meet you! I am a moderator of the italian Ubuntu forum, i only play on Linux and i like FPS and racing games, also i think i'll get Saints row 2 and 3 soon. I'm hyped for the new Urban Terror Resurgence but that will take a bit to see...

Cheers
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.