Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
JRPG from Japan coming to Linux
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:
HyperDevbox Nov 25, 2016
Hey! I just wanted to let everybody know that we are developing a Linux compatible Tactical JRPG called - Thermidor.

Check out some screenshots!

Cheers ^^
tuubi Nov 25, 2016
Good luck! I sure would love a nice JRPG, tactical or otherwise. The screenies look nice enough.

Anything else you can tell us about the game? Are you close to release? What's it like when you're not in a fight? Surely there's more to it than turn-based tactical battles against bearded soldiers... :)
PublicNuisance Nov 26, 2016
Quoting: HyperDevboxHey! I just wanted to let everybody know that we are developing a Linux compatible Tactical JRPG called - Thermidor.

Cheers ^^

Looks like something I would enjoy. Are you planning a DRM free version ?
HyperDevbox Nov 28, 2016
Quoting: tuubiGood luck! I sure would love a nice JRPG, tactical or otherwise. The screenies look nice enough.

Anything else you can tell us about the game? Are you close to release? What's it like when you're not in a fight? Surely there's more to it than turn-based tactical battles against bearded soldiers... :)

Thank you!
We have started developing Thermidor less than a year ago, and we probably have another year until we can complete it.
Which is why we have decided to go with crowdfunding, and try to get some extra help financing the game.
The story line is very immersive and is being written by a very talented scenario writer as we speak!
It's going to be a proper game with enough levels to keep you busy for many hours.

Quoting: PublicNuisanceLooks like something I would enjoy. Are you planning a DRM free version ?

If you back the game, you can get a beta of the game, a fast access version, plus lots of goodies!
HyperDevbox Nov 28, 2016
Here are some concept art images of the Thermidor's characters (:
What do you think?

By the way, I haven't introduced myself properly yet...
My name is Ron J. Ward, and I am (amongst other things) the house composer and sound designer at HyperDevbox Japan.
Yoroshiku!
PublicNuisance Nov 29, 2016
Quoting: HyperDevbox
Quoting: PublicNuisanceLooks like something I would enjoy. Are you planning a DRM free version ?

If you back the game, you can get a beta of the game, a fast access version, plus lots of goodies!

But does that get me the game from a DRM source such as Steam or DRM free such as GOG ? How will one download the game once it is done ?
HyperDevbox Dec 1, 2016
Quoting: PublicNuisanceBut does that get me the game from a DRM source such as Steam or DRM free such as GOG ? How will one download the game once it is done ?

Well, for the fast-track or Beta versions, we will send a link to the file or send it directly to the backers. but once the game is out, it will be available to purchase through either Steam or GOG.
There is still a long way until the game is complete and released, so we are not yet sure about all the details, and right now we are just trying to focus on making this game the best we can.
PublicNuisance Dec 1, 2016
Quoting: HyperDevbox
Quoting: PublicNuisanceBut does that get me the game from a DRM source such as Steam or DRM free such as GOG ? How will one download the game once it is done ?

Well, for the fast-track or Beta versions, we will send a link to the file or send it directly to the backers. but once the game is out, it will be available to purchase through either Steam or GOG.
There is still a long way until the game is complete and released, so we are not yet sure about all the details, and right now we are just trying to focus on making this game the best we can.

If you can get it on GOG i'd be a happy man. Good luck to you.
[email protected] Jan 2, 2017
This looks good! The premise is interesting for a JRPG though. Isn't it a bit western in nature?
HyperDevbox Jan 5, 2017
Quoting: [email protected]This looks good! The premise is interesting for a JRPG though. Isn't it a bit western in nature?
Thank you!
Yes, the idea is to make the game, which is in essence a Japanese RPG, with some Western influences (the art and gameplay).
Rio Jan 9, 2017
Ah! I love Jrpgs and the concepts and screenshots look great definitely keeping an eye on this.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.