You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
What's the NVIDIA equivalent of an RX 480?
Creak Feb 3, 2017
I have an RX 480 and I'd like to know with which category of green GPUs it competes.
Avehicle7887 Feb 3, 2017
If I'm not mistaken it's the GTX 1060.
Guppy Feb 3, 2017
Let me introduce you to the ancient ( and sadly lost ) art of 'basic research'

;)
Creak Feb 3, 2017
Quoting: GuppyLet me introduce you to the ancient ( and sadly lost ) art of 'basic research'

;)

Hehehe I haven't lost the power of this old arcane (though I've changed to the DDG school :) )

But I wanted something more precise and from my trusted fellow Linux users.
drmoth Feb 3, 2017
I also think it's the 1060. But sometimes the AMD drivers vary wildly between games so it's hard to tell.
mrdeathjr Feb 4, 2017
This is some comparatives for courtesy phoronix

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=mesa171-pro60-nvidia&num=1

This is some results extracted from before article

Resuming actually RX480 have more or less geforce GTX 1050ti

However RX 480 have higher tdp (around 170w in some oc models stay around 200w) compared with 120w of Geforce GTX 1060 or 75w of Gefoce GTX 1050ti

^_^
Creak Feb 4, 2017
It seems that, on Windows, the RX 480 is closer to the 1060.

So that means that there's some nice room for improvements on the Linux open source drivers!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.