You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support me on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! We will also never show adverts to anyone who supports GamingOnLinux! Alternatively, you can support me on Paypal.
  Go to:
Unigine Superposition Benchmark
pete910 commented on 12 April 2017 at 11:31 pm UTC

Xpander
pete910
What happened to it?

it just died randomly.. PC shut down, i didnt even play, just watched youtube.
PC didnt even turn on when external power cables were connected to the GPU. it did boot without them but obviously no performance then ... so yea.. warranty was still there.. have to wait for a month probably now

Bummer, MSI,Asus ?

Windousico commented on 12 April 2017 at 11:48 pm UTC

An old PC with a humble GTX 1060.

Xpander commented on 13 April 2017 at 3:29 am UTC

pete910Bummer, MSI,Asus ?

EVGA. I don't think the brand matters though, i was just unlucky. havent had GPU issues since 8800GTS.

Grimfist commented on 13 April 2017 at 7:56 am UTC

Ok, after installing Antergos on a spare partition and only running Superposition I got a slight increase. image

Seems like my Xeon wasn't the best choice.

Ehvis commented on 13 April 2017 at 8:51 am UTC

GrimfistSeems like my Xeon wasn't the best choice.

That depends on what you need it for most. But for gaming engines it's probably not the best.

Ehvis commented on 13 April 2017 at 9:03 am UTC

woox2k[img]Sadly from Manjaro... Haven't figured out why my score is 300 points lower on my Archlinux installation.

Also interesting is that you run an almost identical setup to mine, but with a default clock while I overclocked mine. Yet, I get 160 lower score. What are your GPU clocks?

voyageur commented on 13 April 2017 at 10:20 am UTC

Adding another GTX 970 result to the mix

pete910 commented on 13 April 2017 at 12:56 pm UTC

Xpander
pete910Bummer, MSI,Asus ?

EVGA. I don't think the brand matters though, i was just unlucky. havent had GPU issues since 8800GTS.

I was asking as EVGA are quite good (in the UK),Asus on the other hand .....

apemax commented on 13 April 2017 at 12:59 pm UTC

Not quite as impressive but not too bad considering. Gave me a warning about not enough VRAM as I only have 2GB, Seems to have ran ok though, Just slow.

Redface commented on 13 April 2017 at 1:01 pm UTC

This is my alienware steammachine R2 i7 GTX 960
Quite a low score compared to the others, but its capable of running Dirt Rally smooth with ultra settings in 1080p to put the numbers in perspective

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: "A New Beginning" (via Wine)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook