Unigine Superposition Benchmark
Page: «2/33»
  Go to:
Ehvis Apr 12, 2017

Ubuntu doing just fine for me. Well, fine is a loose definition for this benchmark :D.
Xpander Apr 12, 2017
Quoting: pete910
What happened to it?

it just died randomly.. PC shut down, i didnt even play, just watched youtube.
PC didnt even turn on when external power cables were connected to the GPU. it did boot without them but obviously no performance then ... so yea.. warranty was still there.. have to wait for a month probably now :(
sterky Apr 12, 2017
GPU OC core +155mhz, mem +400mhz, power limit 150w -> 170w, fan manual 80%

damarrin Apr 12, 2017
Quoting: damarrinEdit: Aw, dropbox is crap at images. I'll try to fix it later.

My setup is waaaay below Michael's from Phoronix at low/med settings (he was testing with a i7-7700K), but it's practically on par at the higher ones.

That score is rather high considering your CPU but as you've removed the image I'll add it when you repost

I've now reposted it.

Like I mentioned, it's much worse than a i7-7700K at low/med settings, getting progressively more and more on par as the level of detail is increased.

I believe testing at Extreme removes any CPU bottleneck there might be and basically is a pure GPU test, as opposed to a general system test.
damarrin Apr 12, 2017
Here are test results from Phoronix at 1080p and Extreme. Make of them what you will, but they should be pretty close to yours regardless of CPU.
damarrin Apr 12, 2017
And, looking at results you guys posted, they pretty much are.

If anything, this shows Ryzen in rather poor light. But we already knew that.
deathxxx Apr 12, 2017

This is after update the Linux Kernel to the lastest stable 4.10.10 (i get about 5% performance increase with Vulkan API for other tests)

How to install this kernel to Ubuntu?
See this:

1-st(download, uncompress and make configure file):
wget https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.10.10.tar.xz
tar xf linux-4.10.10.tar.xz
cd linux-4.10.10
make menuconfig

Choice 'Save' and save as '.config' then 'Exit'

2-nd(install all dependency for compile kernel):
sudo apt install gcc libncurses5-dev build-essential libssl-dev libfile-fcntllock-perl -y

3-rd(compile):
make mrproper
make clean
make -j7 deb-pkg

4-rd(installation):
cd ..
sudo dpkg -i linux-firmware-image-4.10.10*.deb linux-headers-4.10.10*.deb linux-image-4.10.10*.deb

5-rd(reboot):
sync
sudo reboot
pete910 Apr 12, 2017
Quoting: sterkyGPU OC core +155mhz, mem +400mhz, power limit 150w -> 170w, fan manual 80%

Nice score, Didn't know they had enabled pascal over cclocking on Linux yet. Handy to know from your screenshot that theres a kernel update too
Elvanex Apr 12, 2017
Ran it twice, and got the exact same score. Props for consistency at least. :)

pete910 Apr 12, 2017
Quoting: Xpander
What happened to it?

it just died randomly.. PC shut down, i didnt even play, just watched youtube.
PC didnt even turn on when external power cables were connected to the GPU. it did boot without them but obviously no performance then ... so yea.. warranty was still there.. have to wait for a month probably now :(

Bummer, MSI,Asus ?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.