You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Unigine Superposition Benchmark
Page: «28/33»
  Go to:
GaGaGaeland Dec 27, 2020
Here is an update on my little vega 56, still going strong !

Last edited by GaGaGaeland on 27 December 2020 at 8:40 pm UTC
Alm888 Dec 28, 2020
My current score with R5 3600 CPU is:

Which is not that much better than my previous CPU (R3 1200).

Clearly a GPU-bottlenecked benchmark as during the test it showed 100% GPU utilization almost all the time.
samurro Dec 28, 2020
I have a question, is my low cpu mhz indication for some misconfiguration? I see other R5 2600 go for much higher mhz on this bench.
Xpander Dec 28, 2020
Quoting: samurroI have a question, is my low cpu mhz indication for some misconfiguration? I see other R5 2600 go for much higher mhz on this bench.

i don't think this number there changes much. it might have just captured the clocks when your CPU was idling. you can ofc try to force your CPU to performance mode by using cpufreq, cpupower or whatever have you on your distro. or maybe even feral gamemode. I doubt it makes much difference in this bench anyway though, as at the default settings its just taxing the GPU the most anyway.
Ehvis Dec 28, 2020
Quoting: samurroI have a question, is my low cpu mhz indication for some misconfiguration? I see other R5 2600 go for much higher mhz on this bench.

It seems to just report what the kernel says it is, which is generally the CPU at base clock, not the maximum boost clock.
samurro Dec 29, 2020
Okay, appreciate the replies.
levellord Jan 18, 2021
Updated the system with new mobo/CPU/memory and installed new Mint 20.1. There is no significant differences as the GPU is the same, similar to Alm888's post.

Old system:

AMD FX-8370

New system:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Xpander Jan 18, 2021
links are a bit broken but can be clicked at least.
anyway yeah.. it shows that CPU doesnt matter in this bench.
Alm888 Jan 18, 2021
Quoting: Xpanderlinks are a bit broken but can be clicked at least.
anyway yeah.. it shows that CPU doesnt matter in this bench.
CPU, RAM or HDD/SSD I must add.
My version of GTX 1660Ti seems to be sh*ttier… Maybe because it is (I have the cheapest one from ASUS with only a single fan) and it goes to throttling pretty fast. In fact, both times I measured my second run because I wanted the card to pre-heat first. :)
Koopacabras Jan 27, 2021
so I got another 5600 XT this is the Gaming OC version it's has a bigger heatsink and three fans... gigabyte also

so this is without OC, nor in the CPU or the GPU, the other card (the non gaming variant same brand 2 fans smaller heatsink) was doing 3633 with OC.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 27 January 2021 at 10:51 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.