Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Shmerl commented on 7 July 2019 at 6:05 pm UTC

wvstolzingI quickly skimmed the bug report, and didn't see anything about this, but could the 'failure to connect to the mount manager' upon creating new prefixes be related to this? It's been driving me crazy the past couple of hours. Old prefixes continue functioning fine.

This is supposedly about crashing wineboot. I avoided it altogether, by building Wine with the fix already.

wvstolzing commented on 7 July 2019 at 6:10 pm UTC

Shmerl
wvstolzingI quickly skimmed the bug report, and didn't see anything about this, but could the 'failure to connect to the mount manager' upon creating new prefixes be related to this? It's been driving me crazy the past couple of hours. Old prefixes continue functioning fine.

This is supposedly about crashing wineboot. I avoided it altogether, by building Wine with the fix already.

4.12.1 fixed the problem for me; so maybe the issues were related.

Shmerl commented on 7 July 2019 at 6:11 pm UTC

wvstolzing4.12.1 fixed the problem for me; so maybe the issues were related.

Yep, it includes the fix: https://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/shortlog

Shmerl commented on 19 July 2019 at 4:20 pm UTC
Pangaea commented on 16 August 2019 at 9:29 pm UTC

How has your playthrough fared recently, or did you change to another game?

Haven't posted for a good while since I stopped playing the game for some reason. But I do intend to finally get into the expansions. Been busy with RimWorld for a long while now. It's a great game, and runs natively

Shmerl commented on 16 August 2019 at 9:39 pm UTC

I also paused, due to other things coming up, but I hope to get back to it

Shmerl commented on 2 September 2019 at 7:13 am UTC

Testing TW3 with Navi card (Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT) using Mesa master / llvm10 (Mesa-aco doesn't support Navi yet):

Nice boost in framerate - 110+ fps.

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts