Join us on our own very special Reddit: /r/Linuxers
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «173/173
  Go to:

Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: slaapliedjeDamnit, still working through Witcher 2, and now stuck on trying to go into the sewers at Loc Muinne, as those greater rotfiends are trashing me every time I try to fight them.

The Secrets of Loc Muinne is one of the best quests in the game.
So far one of the hardest fights I've been in. Mainly because there isn't much room to move, with the 5 or so Rotfiends and the useless NPCs ha.

Shmerl 8 Sep

Yeah, most companions in that quest aren't much help in a fight (that's why they hired the witcher after all) except may be for Cynthia, but they provide a good comic relief :)

Last edited by Shmerl on 8 September 2020 at 8:45 pm UTC

pmadzik 9 Sep

Quoting: amataiI had the same problem playing with wine 2 years ago. It was solved by buying the game on steam and using proton. But maybe someone here has a more satisfying answer.
Weird. I have no idea what's going on. The day before yesterday (after posting on the forum) I tried to use proton (using the option of adding a non-steam game to the steam and turning on steam play for it) and it worked (after a little tinkering due to a bug ) and there were no crashes (although I didn't play that long). I only experienced some micro stuttering. Yesterday I tried again the combination wine 5.0 + dxvk 1.5.5 and... also there were no crashes.

Update a few days later: I stayed with the proton because it turned out to be crash-free (unlike other setups).

Last edited by pmadzik on 14 September 2020 at 1:40 pm UTC

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

We have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed exclusive articles. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
Latest Forum Posts