Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «20/178»
  Go to:
malek69 Aug 1, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlJózef Kucia provided a patch for the dark ground bug: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43239#c8
nvidia blob work
View video on youtube.com
Shmerl Aug 1, 2017
Hm, you get those clouds shadows on the ground. I don't get any with Mesa.
Avehicle7887 Aug 1, 2017
Can't help but notice that 57-60% GPU Utilization. Shmerl after all these Wine patches do you still get those awesome 40fps+ with Mesa?
Shmerl Aug 1, 2017
Quoting: Avehicle7887Can't help but notice that 57-60% GPU Utilization. Shmerl after all these Wine patches do you still get those awesome 40fps+ with Mesa?

Yes, I do. And I get 100% GPU utilization (RX 480). I wonder what kind of values Vega cards will produce. May be if anyone will jump on buying one, they can post here. I'd wait somewhat. Firstly, support isn't upstreamed yet. And secondly, I'd wait until Sapphire will make Nitro versions and someone will review them.
Shmerl Aug 1, 2017
Here is Velen area with performance HUD:

JudasIscariot Aug 1, 2017
Quoting: malek69
Quoting: ShmerlJózef Kucia provided a patch for the dark ground bug: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43239#c8
nvidia blob work
View video on youtube.com

What's up with the sound in your video, btw?

I thought it was just me for a moment but other youtube videos play just fine sooooo...
Shmerl Aug 1, 2017
Some have this crackling sound bug. I never had it.
Shmerl Aug 2, 2017
By the way, are there normally shadows from the clouds on the ground? I wonder what's going on with Mesa that they don't work.
malek69 Aug 2, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlSome have this crackling sound bug. I never had it.
Sound crack only in wine 2.13, wine staging work fine
Shmerl Aug 2, 2017
Quoting: malek69
Quoting: ShmerlSome have this crackling sound bug. I never had it.
Sound crack only in wine 2.13, wine staging work fine

I don't have crackling sound in regular Wine with the minimal patches set needed for TW3.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.