The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «25/178»
  Go to:
Arehandoro Aug 25, 2017
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: ArehandoroWith staging 2.15, without adding any patch, all works fine but the dark ground.

That's expected, as was said several times, dark ground fix is not included in staging patches.

I know about the patches. And well, in 2.14 it didn't work for me at all, so just wanted to share my happiness.
Shmerl Aug 25, 2017
Quoting: ArehandoroI know about the patches. And well, in 2.14 it didn't work for me at all, so just wanted to share my happiness.

You got quite decent performance with Nvidia blob. Others reported worse results.
Ehvis Aug 25, 2017
Were there reports from blob users with decent specs?
Shmerl Aug 25, 2017
Quoting: EhvisWere there reports from blob users with decent specs?

Not very good ones. Usually they were quite behind comparable AMD GPUs. See https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42592
scix Aug 28, 2017
Quoting: EhvisWere there reports from blob users with decent specs?
I have a [email protected] with 980 TI and run at 1440P, and performance is pretty terrible but somewhat comparable even worse than what Arehandro is getting. I.e. 20-30 FPS, even at lower 1080p or lower. For comparison, I get mostly 80+ FPS on Windows at the same settings. I would expect better for a 970 at 1080p as well.

tuubi Aug 28, 2017
Quoting: scixI have a [email protected] with 980 TI and run at 1440P, and performance is pretty terrible but somewhat comparable even worse than what Arehandro is getting. I.e. 20-30 FPS, even at lower 1080p or lower. For comparison, I get mostly 80+ FPS on Windows at the same settings. I would expect better for a 970 at 1080p as well.
The game has barely started working on Wine, and you already expect it to perform well? I know you guys are impatient, but give the Wine devs some time to finish the job. And remember, it's still a complex, modern DX11 game running on a translation layer, so you're not likely to see native speeds any time soon.
kaiman Aug 28, 2017
A GTX950 should also be able to get 40 FPS in 1080p, but I'm lucky to see 25 in 720p. In densly populated areas, such as Novigrad it's 15 - 20 maximum.

Actually, I do not mind playing at a lower resolution, as I tend to regard ultra-sharp hi-res graphics as less natural than the somewhat softer, slightly blurred visuals you get a lower resolutions. But a decent, consistent frame rate would be welcome nonetheless.
malek69 Sep 7, 2017
wine 2.16 staging
ground still dark
View video on youtube.com
scix Sep 8, 2017
Quotewine 2.16 staging
ground still dark

Are you forcing MaxVersionGL in regedit? Because with nvidia cards the bug will persist unless you use a compatibility context (the default). You can remove all OGL registry entries in staging in any case, since core/compat will be set automatically.
mrdeathjr Sep 8, 2017
Next wine staging maybe can be interesting if is approved (possible fix ground still dark)

https://dev.wine-staging.com/patches/186/

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43239

^_^
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.